James Britt wrote:

> Someone suggested JavaScript; not a bad idea, though probably not
> different enough from Ruby to really stretch your brain.  But, if
> practical is a major factor, consider jscript.net.  You can use
> Microsoft's  version of ECMASscript to write .Net code.  (I *think*
> there is a jscript.net compilier for mono, but I'm not sure.)

I've been contributing to it. Basically, it's getting ready for real
world use and can run quite a few parts of Mozilla's ECMAScript test
suite. The things Microsoft introduced in JS.NET (static typing, using
CLR methods) are not yet implemented, but making the important ones work
is a priority right now.