On 9/22/05, nobu.nokada / softhome.net <nobu.nokada / softhome.net> wrote:
> > > eban has suggested File.identical? for that purpose.
> > that sounds great - but how would it be implemented on windows if there is no
> > unique field in the inode?
> Of course, comparing expanded pathes ;)

1. There is, at least on NTFS, a unique file identifier that is
somehow available. Don't ask me how right now, but I should be able to
find out in a few days (work-related stuff).

2. Files cannot be hardlinked on any Windows filesystem. Directories
can be hardlinked on NTFS5 systems.

-austin
--
Austin Ziegler * halostatue / gmail.com