In article <d0fd5d6105092210597d704f9e / mail.gmail.com>,
Josh Charles  <josh.charles / gmail.com> wrote:
>On 9/22/05, Phil Tomson <ptkwt / aracnet.com> wrote:
>> What kind of ai are you trying to integegrate with your web app?  Or mayb=
>e I
>> should ask: what do you want the ai to do for you?
>
>Well, I have a few ideas that would effect usability and create a
>better end-user experience, but I'm still in the process of deciding
>whether or not the costs of implementing the system would be worth the
>benefits. Also, many of the features could also be implemented using a
>rules based architecture, and I know if that would be considered AI or
>not.
>
>It is similar to googles "did you mean aardvark?" when you search for
>"ardvark."  is that considered AI?

Good question. It may not be.  Could be simply that they check each of the
words against a dictionary and it it's not there they check for similar words
(using Levenstein distance (sp?), for example).  May not be all that much AI
going on there.

Phil