On 25 May 2001 22:48:33 +0900, Pat Eyler wrote:
> On Fri, 25 May 2001, Erik [ISO-8859-1] B?gfors wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> Hi Erik,
> just as a side not, has this discussion been brought up on the
> gnome-hackers or orbit-list mailing lists?  #gnome on irc.gimp.org might
> be good places to talk about it as well.  (My take on things is below.)

No. not on the gnome-components-list either.  I am thinking about
talking about that there too.

Thanks for your input.  I _think_ I agree with you.  Still thinking.

> > 2) Using Rinn and creating a new bonobo-implementation.  This would be
> > really cool but I think it would also mean lots of work.  First of all I
> > don't know if Rinn is up to the task (just downloaded it.  Haven't tried
> > it yet). Second we need to create a new implementation of bonobo.  It
> > would be very cool to have a bonobo implementation in ruby based on a
> > corba implementation in ruby :).  I think this would also be good for
> > the libbonobo-guys to see that there stuff really in interoperable with
> > other people stuff.
>
> This sounds like good research, but probably should/could be done a) after
> getting libbonobo-ruby to work with orbit, and b) be called something else
> (or used as an option in libbonobo-ruby).

I really like the option-thing.  That would be really cool but there is
a loooong way to go.

/Erik
--
Erik B?gfors               | http://erik.bagfors.nu/
erik / bagfors.nu            | Erik.Bagfors / engohol.se