On 9/22/05, Phil Tomson <ptkwt / aracnet.com> wrote:
> What kind of ai are you trying to integegrate with your web app?  Or maybe I
> should ask: what do you want the ai to do for you?

Well, I have a few ideas that would effect usability and create a
better end-user experience, but I'm still in the process of deciding
whether or not the costs of implementing the system would be worth the
benefits. Also, many of the features could also be implemented using a
rules based architecture, and I know if that would be considered AI or
not.

It is similar to googles "did you mean aardvark?" when you search for
"ardvark."  is that considered AI?

It is such things, I believe, that really create a good web browsing
experience.  The software I'm working on is going to be used by mainly
non-technical small business owners, so it needds to be as friendly as
possible.

On a side note, this project will be a combination of .NET and Ruby,
and I do not yet know which language the AI component will be written
in, if it is indeed AI that I will be using.