I'm interested in this as well, but for a different reason.  I'm
looking to integrate some basic ai into a web app I'm working on, but
it's hard to know where to start.  I've got the ideas, but not the
knowledge of how to implement them.  Is there a good starting place
for learning basic AI in ruby?

Daniel, is this the type of thing you are also looking for?

Josh