Logan Capaldo wrote:

> On Sep 22, 2005, at 1:10 AM, Kevin Brown wrote:
>
>> On Wednesday 21 September 2005 20:18, Logan Capaldo wrote:
>>
>>>   Although it would not be hard to provide that functionality as well
>>> as hboxes and vboxes. I guess this boils down to is there a Tk
>>> equivalent to HBox and VBox?
>>>

>> I don't know much about Tk, but I'm finding Qt/KDE programming with
>> Korundum
>> to be quite nice.  Perhaps a healthy include 'qt' is in order?
>> (all your
>> HBox VBox stuff is there and it is actually really clean in ruby)
>>

> Hmm, I hadn't really considered Qt until just now, but looking at
> troll tech site looks like its got native look and feel for win and
> mac and the ruby api looks clean. I think you have helped me select a
> winner
The Qt3 version of QtRuby runs on Linux, BSD* etc and Mac OS X, but not
Windows. The latest version is part of the KDE 3.5 release.

The Qt4 version of Qt is GPL'd for Windows, and so QtRuby will run on
Windows once someone with a suitable mingw development environment can do
the port. It's pretty much ready for a first release. The code is here:

https://svn.kde.org/home/kde/trunk/KDE/kdebindings

under the kalyptus, smoke/qt and qtruby directories.

-- Richard