On 9/21/05, stevetuckner <stevetuckner / usfamily.net> wrote:
> What is Usage?
> [...]
> gem install Usage
> [...]
>     require "Usage"

I have no opinion on this library as such, but can I ask a couple of
favours for future releases of this and other libraries?

1. RubyGems is, inexplicably, case-sensitive. Can you please make sure
   that your gem names themselves are lowercased?
2. Can we avoid, in the future, library file names with capital letters?
   Unix folk might enjoy having "Makefile" and "makefile" in the same
   directory, but the rest of us don't and therefore have smarter
   case-preserving filesystems. I would much rather do "require 'usage'"
   than "require 'Usage'".

I would also argue that "usage" may be too common and could perhaps be
namespaced (e.g., SimpleUsage, UsageSimple, Simple::Usage,
Usage::Simple, or somesuch as appropriate).

Beyond that, I haven't really read the announcement -- but
congratulations on the release in any case. ;)

-austin
--
Austin Ziegler * halostatue / gmail.com
               * Alternate: austin / halostatue.ca