Hello,

I'm new to Ruby (quite new to programming in general) and I've very
much been enjoying reading the posts here, although a lot of it goes
way over my head. Anyway, I was looking for some help connecting to
MySQL on Windows, came across this thread and managed to get a
connection using the MyODBC method. Only thing is, the connection
arguments needs to read thus for ODBC:

dbh = DBI.connect("DBI:ODBC:MyODBCdatasourcename, "user", "pass")

Probably obvious to most folks, but I thought I'd pass it on in the
spirit of sharing :)

One question: what are the disadvantages of using ODBC over a native
driver? Is it just a performance issue?

Cheers,

Charles