English speaking countries: England, Ireland, New Zealand, Australia,
Canada.

I dunno about Ruby's presence in Ireland, though.  English is spoken in
many European countries obviously, but I dunno that you could get by
*only* speaking English outside of the programming community.

It's also the de facto common language in India, more or less.

Dan