Well, you should have a look to what country seems attractive to you
politically, what economical circumstances the country is in, how active
this country people are in open source development (that's my
opinion) and how the average girl looks like. There is live next to your
monitor, you should really study the european countries thoroughly, there
is much, much more where to look at, than just only what could be a good
place for a programmer.

There are matters that affects everyone, and thus also programmers, suchs
as privacy regulations, corruption, rise of violence, government control,
freedom of speech, acceptance of differences between people (races,
homosexuality, religion)  if one can stay as a foreigner, and if so, what
these regulations are, what rules there are for civilians and how these affect you, how
expensive it is etc. etc.

I am from The Netherlands, for a lot of reasons I can recommend this
country, but in some areas I cannot. It depends on what you think is
important.

Jurgen

Although very unlikely, it seems some earthling stated on Sep 21 that :