Tim Hammerquist <tim / vegeta.ath.cx> wrote:

> ["Followup-To:" header set to comp.lang.perl.misc.]
> Gunnar Hjalmarsson <noreply / gunnar.cc> wrote:
>>  Tim Hammerquist wrote:
>> > ["Followup-To:" header set to comp.lang.perl.misc.]
>>
>>  Ignored, for obvious reasons.
>
> What are these obvious reasons?
> Help me, for I know not how I wrong you by following netiquette.

I doubt it's proper netiquette to kick a thread out of a group, especially
if the group is involved. I have said many times before, and do so again,
setting a follow up works best when the OP does it, otherwise it's either
ignored, or a part of the thread runs in all groups, and other parts don't,
creating quite a mess. Setting a follow up to "put things straight" rarely
works, if at all.

> Yes, you're making a big ol' stink about nothing,

Well, William James *is* a pain in the ass.

--
John                   Small Perl scripts: http://johnbokma.com/perl/
               Perl programmer available:     http://castleamber.com/