Tim Hammerquist wrote:
> ["Followup-To:" header set to comp.lang.perl.misc.]

Ignored, for obvious reasons.

> Trolls are uniqely immune to people getting angry at them.
> I dare say it's their *goal*.  Even assuming you manage to
> enrage and embitter clr onlookers to rally against this "troll",
> it would only make him more successful, no?

Don't think so. Why do you choose to disregard the double-dealing by
William James? He is trolling in clpmisc, while nothing indicates that
he wants to be regarded a troll in clr.

> Besides, what is this mentality that it's one newsgroup's job to
> police the actions of regular posters in another group?

I never said it is it's "job". But it might be in _the interest_ of
devoted 'Rubyists' to do so.

Just like you found it motivated to apologize in clr for my "noise
contribution". :(

--
Gunnar Hjalmarsson