On Tuesday 20 September 2005 05:07 pm, Austin Ziegler wrote:
> Yes, I understand that. However, CAPTCHA is also proving to be
> relatively ineffective [...]

I strongly suspect that a lot of wiki related spam (and probably comment spam
as well) has a lot of manual oversite in the process.  When I was closely
monitoring the RubyGarden wiki spam, I noticed times when the spammer would
there is a human often directing the process.  And if there is a human in the
process, then captcha seems a wasted effort.

Does anyone have first hand reports of success with captcha?