On Tuesday 20 September 2005 4:46 pm, James Britt wrote:

> You really do need a car to get anyplace here, and there seems to be
> little sense of spontaneity.  I'm a born and raised New Yawker, and I
> deeply miss the street life, the ability to hop on the bus or subway and
> just go someplace fast, easy, and cheap, or the option to walk and walk
> for miles, with endless stimulation.  So, in comparison, Phoenix seems
> terribly isolated and sterile.

IMHO, Denver was a nice place for a programmer to live.  Tech employment
market is pretty strong.  Climate is nice.  The downtown Denver city is a
nice place to visit or to work.  Public transportation is adequate, though
IMHO one does really need a car in Denver, too, unless one chooses to live
downtown.

Denver has a lot to recommend it.

I've always wondered, though.  If I had jobs to offer, could I attract
programmers to SE Wyoming?  Winter climate is, well, not so nice as Denver's,
but the cost of living is very low, and life is, generally, good, and Denver
is an easy drive for the ammenities of the city.

Kirk Haines