On 9/20/05, Alexandru Popescu <the.mindstorm.mailinglist / gmail.com> wrote:
> #: Josh Charles changed the world a bit at a time by saying on  9/20/2005 10:56 PM :#
> > Ok, was that documented somewhere, but I looked all over the place to
> > find that...  Thanks for the help.
> >
> > Josh
> >

> I haven't read any documentation, but I've found it ;-). I am eagerly waiting for the 0.7 version as
> Lother said nice stories about it (Lothar hint hint :-) ).
>
> ./alex
> --
> .the_mindstorm.

> >> #: Josh Charles changed the world a bit at a time by saying on  9/20/2005 10:00 PM :#

> >> What do you mean by template? Like pressing ar and this expanding to attr_reader?
> >>
> >> If so than: Ctrl+J is my mapping for it, and it can be found on Edit -> Code Templates.
> >>
> >> hth,
> >>
> >> ./alex
> >> --
> >> .the_mindstorm.

If you want some first hand perspective. My company purchased a number
of copies, based upon it as a source code browser if for no other
purpose. Lothar has been responsive to our requests. It is still rough
around the edges (we have had a couple crashes), and some features are
missing (but planned) - but it breathes Ruby, code navigation is very
good.

For me personally it starts up a little slow (I was previously used to
invoking my editor from the command line and editing right away -- I
have become accustom to leaving it running and task switching to it).

I am also eagerly awaiting 0.7
Patrick