Gunnar Hjalmarsson wrote:

> Ara.T.Howard wrote:
>
>> and even that assumes people are
>> reading both groups which, i think, is the exception rather than the
>> rule.
>
> I think so too. That's why I crossposted to clr.

Yeah, here's the thing: I don't care what goes on in clpm.

That's not on a holistic scale, of course. On a holistic scale, I favor
the general wellbeing of the world, and hope that nobody's forming
coalitions to perform ethnic cleansings over in clpm, but as far as
whether or not there happens to be a pro-Ruby troll: I don't care.

I don't care what clpm people think about me, or about the Ruby
community. If someone chooses to derive a conclusion about the Ruby
community without first spending time in clr/ruby-talk, then he is free
to draw whatever dumbass inference he desires, for all I care.

On the other hand, if he visits clr/ruby-talk, I want him to have a
generally positive impression both of the community, and of me. So:

Hi, Gunnar. I appreciate you pointing this out, but unfortunately I have
no power over William James (don't even know the guy), and, having a
life (sort of), I can't possibly take the time to try and influence him.
I think it is up to you and the rest of clpm to police his actions in a
way you guys best see fit. Thanks for visiting! I hope you venture into
Ruby one day, too. It's fun.

>> Why on Earth would you do such a thing?
>
> To let the clr readers know that the regular clr poster William James
> is a Usenet troll. To rightfully discredit him.

Ah. Well, again, thanks, but I don't really care who a person is, on
this list, for the most part. For the most part, I just care what he's
worth to me. And for the purposes of ruby-talk, it affects me not that
he's a clpm troll. Maybe it'll have a real-world effect on me should I
meet him at RubyConf and discover he has a crappy personality or
something...

Of course, my opinion might not be representative, so thanks for the
information, anyway.

> Well, one or two simple statements would have been nice.

Well, sorry. In Ruby, there are no statements -- everything's an
expression. *ba dum, ching*

Devin
Hope my honesty wasn't too brutal..