>> Are there any XSL-FO (to pdf) processors for ruby?

>> googling for xslfo ruby primarily seems to be pointing to AntennaHouse's
>> XSLFO implementation - but that one seems to carry a pretty hefty price
>> tag...

> In my experience, XSL-FO processors are relatively slow. Given that,
> you probably wouldn't be adding much to the overall time if you just
> used Apache FOP (an open-source, Java-based XSL-FO processor) and
> invoked it as a shell command from your Ruby code.

Well, I've used Cocoon before - and I agree with you that the first
invocation of FOP is fairly slow (>2-3 seconds), but subsequent calls are
"relatively" quick (~.25-.5seconds).

> This would require you to write the XSL-FO content to a file before
> invoking FOP.

That's one of the reasons why I'd rather want to get around it.

Any other ideas?

   Benedikt

--
                     Gaudeo te illud de me rogavisse.