On 9/20/05, Benedikt Heinen <ruby / ml.icemark.net> wrote:

> Are there any XSL-FO (to pdf) processors for ruby?
>

> googling for xslfo ruby primarily seems to be pointing to AntennaHouse's
> XSLFO implementation - but that one seems to carry a pretty hefty price
> tag...

In my experience, XSL-FO processors are relatively slow. Given that,
you probably wouldn't be adding much to the overall time if you just
used Apache FOP (an open-source, Java-based XSL-FO processor) and
invoked it as a shell command from your Ruby code. This would require
you to write the XSL-FO content to a file before invoking FOP.

--
R. Mark Volkmann
Partner, Object Computing, Inc.