Gunnar Hjalmarsson <noreply / gunnar.cc> wrote:
> David H. Adler wrote:
> > Gunnar Hjalmarsson wrote:

> >> And what would that obvious reason be?
> >>
> >> If I was to learn another language, I'd be significantly less inclined
> >> to consider Ruby now after that troll has poisoned this group for some
> >> time.
> >                                  ^^^^^
> >
> > I love a self-answering post, don't you? ;-)
>
> Well, to me, being a troll is not a reason, it's a condition indicating
> a social disability or worse.
>
> > And, really, ruby looks pretty interesting. Blame the troll, not the
> > bridge.
>
> I believe I was one of the first who realized the nature of it (the
> troll), and I tried to called the Ruby community's attention to it:
> http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.ruby/browse_frm/thread/bbb053db6
> d9b7151

Why on Earth would you do such a thing?

> Guess I hoped that one or two Ruby programmers would have dissociated
> themselves from his actions.

Are you under the impression that the troll has to get permission from the
majority of comp.lang.ruby in order to post here?  What exactly kind of
dissociation would you expect them to perform?  Would it involve holy water
and relics of the cross?

> The lack of responses there makes me blame
> not only the troll, but also the Ruby community, and in my world, that's
> a rational reason for not considering the use of the language.

In my world, expecting the people of one newsgroup to police another
newsgroup is simply mad.  (Of course, the irony has not escaped me that
here I am, chastising you from clpm for something you wrote in clr.)

Xho

Usenet Newsgroup Service                        $9.95/Month 30GB