Tim Hammerquist wrote:
> Would you judge Larry's creation based on Purl Gurl's
> ever eloquent dissertations?

No, because many serious Perl programmers let the readers know what they
thought about her postings. But if everyone had silently watched
PurlGurl's ravages in clpmisc, I suppose many Perl users would have
hesitated. I would.

This troll, the "William James" character, is posting Ruby solutions
also in comp.lang.ruby where they are on topic, and I presume he is
appreciated and respected for that there. What makes me pissed is that
the Ruby community is indirectly, by its silence, approving of his
advocating Ruby through spamming comp.lang.perl.misc with off topic posts.

IMO, languages such as Perl and Ruby should be judged not only by the
technical usefulness of respective language, but also by the integrity
of their users.

--
Gunnar Hjalmarsson