David H. Adler wrote:
> Gunnar Hjalmarsson wrote:
>> David H. Adler wrote:
>>>
>>> Of course, I'm at a loss to figure out why you keep posting about ruby
>>> here. Well, other than the obvious reason. :-|
>>
>> And what would that obvious reason be?
>>
>> If I was to learn another language, I'd be significantly less inclined
>> to consider Ruby now after that troll has poisoned this group for some time.
>                                  ^^^^^
>
> I love a self-answering post, don't you? ;-)

Well, to me, being a troll is not a reason, it's a condition indicating
a social disability or worse.

> And, really, ruby looks pretty interesting. Blame the troll, not the
> bridge.

I believe I was one of the first who realized the nature of it (the
troll), and I tried to called the Ruby community's attention to it:
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.ruby/browse_frm/thread/bbb053db6d9b7151

Guess I hoped that one or two Ruby programmers would have dissociated
themselves from his actions. The lack of responses there makes me blame
not only the troll, but also the Ruby community, and in my world, that's
a rational reason for not considering the use of the language.

--
Gunnar Hjalmarsson