"Greg Lorriman" <bogus / bogus.com> writes:

> "Devin Mullins" <twifkak / comcast.net> wrote in message
>
>> APL, Eiffel, Erlang, Haskell, Io, Joy, Lisp, Lua, Mathematica, Mozart/Oz,
>> OCaml, Prolog, REXX, Scala, Scheme, Self, and Smalltalk are all the
>> legitimate, 'alternative' languages that I recognize (by name only, for
>> the most part) from that wiki page, so maybe that makes them more popular.
>> Now get to Googlin'.
>
>  ? I can't believe my eyes.
>
> Can someone tell me if I am talking to a troll?

I don't think you are.  If you need a smaller list, let me name you
the languages of above that I personally think are interesting and
worth learning:

APL (actually, go for K), Joy, Haskell, (Common) Lisp, Scheme, Self

Add Prolog (which is too frustrating to me on its own, but you can do
logic programming in Lisp and Scheme rather easily too), and you have
covered about every paradigm in existance.