Manuel Zabelt <ng / zabelt.net> writes:

[...]

> The script fails it brings error messages like this:
> ruby: /usr/local/export/http/ruby/test.rb:1: Invalid char `\240' in
> expression (SyntaxError)
> /usr/local/export/http/ruby/test.rb:1: Invalid char `\240' in expression

[...]

> This never happend to me doing the same thing with Perl or PHP. Would is
> the Problem?

The HTML file contains a lot of non-breakable space (&nsp;) which are
translated to the character with code 0240 when copy-and-pasting them.
You could run:

$ tr '\240' ' ' < test.rb > test-new.rb

or something similiar to convert them back to spaces (if you have
a tool for text substition on windows, otherwise use an editor and
substitute Alt-160 by space).

        Torsten