On 9/18/05, Martin DeMello <martindemello / yahoo.com> wrote:
> Yuichi Yoshida <oxy / kmc.gr.jp> wrote:
> >
> > > Sounds like a very cool project, btw - any chance of your providing an
> > > ebuild?
> >
> > Hmm...
> > It's difficult because I don't use Gentoo and don't know well about ebuild.
> > Before that, I think I should prepare source repository.
>
> On second thoughts, ignore me :) We package-system users get too greedy
> at times.
>
> martin

You could probably find another ebuild packaging something that uses
Cabal as it seems this is how RType accomplishes packaging. I have not
explored Cabal myself but it is said to promise a very clean
configuration free deployment of libraries and programs written using
Haskell.

For people on macs make sure you are setup to use gcc 3.3 not 4.0 (a
ghc bug until 6.4.1 release). This is easily toggled using:

sudo gcc_select 3.3

Brian.