What follows is a basic solution, using Rails.

The Code
--------

You can download the code from:

http://rubyquiz.com/jobsite.zip

Requirements
------------

If you try to play around with the site, you will need to have
Redcloth installed.  You will also need to edit the ActionMailer
settings in development.rb to play with the login system.

The SQL for the database is included in the db folder.

How was it made?
----------------

I used the login generator to build the user portion of the code, the
scaffold generator to get me started with the jobs portion of the
code, and the mailer generator to prepare the confirmation email.  Of
course, I modified each of those.  I added a confirmation email to
the login system, a login_optional filter to support editing job
posts, and modified the system to store only the id (not the whole
user) in the session object.  My changes to the other two components
were more cosmetic in nature, mainly.

What could use improving?
-------------------------

Obviously, the stylesheet could use some serious attention.  I did
try to get the basics in there, but the site has a long way to go to
become pretty.

The other big need, in my opinion, is some tools for controlling the
sorting and filtering of listed positions.  In this regard, I've
actually considered making fields like Pay and Hours into menu
selections so I could count on their formats and allow users to sort/
filter based on them, in addition to the other fields.

Other Ideas

I named my site Ruby Dossiers, with a bit of a grand vision in mind.

Obviously, this quiz focuses on the job aspect of the site, but I
could see adding more to it in the future.  I would like to reverse
the job finding aspect for starters, and allow users to post skill
profiles for employers to browse.  Another idea I had was to roll in
local group meet-up management.

Of course, all this brainstorming was before there was a Ruby jobs
site.  Perhaps the ideas will at least prove useful though.

James Edward Gray II