On 17 Sep 2005, at 18:03, Mark Volkmann wrote:

> Documentation on Rinda seems hard to come by, at least in English.
> Can anyone verify what the move and notify methods in
> Rinda::TupleSpace do?
> My best guess is that move moves a tuple from one TupleSpace to
> another
> and notify notifies you when a tuple matching a given pattern appears
> in a given TupleSpace.

See Rinda::TupleSpaceProxy for an example of how #move is used.

#notify works this way, (from a doc patch submitted to Masatoshi Seki):

   ##
   # A NotifyTemplateEntry is returned by TupleSpace#notify and is
notified of
   # TupleSpace changes.  You may receive either your subscribed
event or the
   # 'close' event when iterating over notifications.
   #
   # See TupleSpace#notify_event for valid notification types.
   #
   # == Example
   #
   #   ts = Rinda::TupleSpace.new
   #   observer = ts.notify 'write', [nil]
   #
   #   Thread.start do
   #     observer.each { |t| p t }
   #   end
   #
   #   3.times { |i| ts.write [i] }
   #
   # Outputs:
   #
   #   ['write', [0]]
   #   ['write', [1]]
   #   ['write', [2]]

   class NotifyTemplateEntry < TemplateEntry

and

     ##
     # Registers for notifications of +event+.  Returns a
NotifyTemplateEntry.
     # See NotifyTemplateEntry for examples of how to listen for
notifications.
     #
     # +event+ can be:
     # 'write'::  A tuple was added
     # 'take'::   A tuple was taken or moved
     # 'delete':: A tuple was lost after being overwritten or expiring
     #
     # The TupleSpace will also notify you of the 'close' event when the
     # NotifyTemplateEntry has expired.

     def notify(event, tuple, sec=nil)

FEC2 57F1 D465 EB15 5D6E  7C11 332A 551C 796C 9F04