In article <7348fe71050916123626c96aa4 / mail.gmail.com>,
han.holl / gmail.com says...
> I don't doubt for a minute that you are right, but in practice this will of
> course hardly ever occur, and with the gem-induced explosion of the search
> path it is probably worthwhile to do something about it: rewriting require,
> or introducing a specialized require with a different name, or autoloading.

I was noticing this too the other day; Windows file opens are much
slower than Linux, and even small rails apps can spend a second or two
on Windows just waiting for the file system while it goes searching for
gems at startup.  Makes unit testing a good bit less fun.

--
Jay Levitt                |
Wellesley, MA             | I feel calm.  I feel ready.  I can only