Hi,

  In mail "FCGI not responding to signals"
  Jamis Buck <jamis / 37signals.com> wrote:

> Sometimes (and some apps experience this more frequently than others)
> a FCGI process that is not currently handling a request will fail to
> respond to a signal (specifically USR1 or HUP) until a request is
> received. This is problematic when updating an application, because

> And even more importantly, is there a sane way to work around (or
> better yet, _fix_) this problem? It's a rather nasty stumbling block
> to automated application deployment.

If you are using pure Ruby fcgi.rb, try latest CVS version.
I'm running FastCGI process in some monthes, but I have
not experienced any signal problem with latest one.  You can
get it from my repository:

  $ cvs -d :pserver:anonymous / cvs.loveruby.net:/src co bitchannel

fcgi.rb is in lib/.

Regards,
Minero Aoki