> JC> Very interesting.  But you'll still need C ;)  I'm interested to know
> JC> how this will effect performance, thoug.
>
> No, you need C to implement a virtual machine, but not for the
> language parser/bytecode compiler/runtime.
>
> But i'm still convinced that ruby in ruby will got give us any real
> benefits.

My Point was that you still need to use C (a _strongly_ typed
language) at some point, or else you can't do what you want to do.  I
was still reacting to the guy that flat out said that stronly typed
languages were just wrong.  My entire point is that your should use
the best tool for the job.  it would be bad idea to implement
something like basecamp in C.  It would also be a bad idea to
implement the latest NVidia 3D device driver in Ruby.