Hi!

Robert Klemme wrote:
> Kirk Haines wrote:
>> Many things in the Ruby universe are enterprise ready, at least for
>> some enterprises.
>
> Btw, is J2EE enterprise ready?  Is there a significant number of
> applications out there that make full use of J2EE's feature set (including
> scalability features) and serve large numbers of concurrent users?  I'm
> not prejudicing, just curious.
>
> Regards
>
>     robert

Yes, they are.
I'm working in a company with products based on J2EE/JBoss where the
scalability is one reason for our customers to choice the products. They
  want to add users as they need and the front-end is a rich-client for
image processing, not only a web front-end.

In my opinion it is a good choice for decent applications, but not a
general solution for all tasks.

Regards,
Roland