Someone asked a while back about web sites written in Ruby.  I was
waiting to crunch a few of the worst bugs (don't worry there are plenty
more :) ), but I think http://worldgeeks.org is ready for the Ruby
community to bang away on it.

Worldgeeks.org started as a class project at ArsDigita University last
month and is written in entirely in Ruby backed with Postgres and
Apache.  Our sourceforge project page at
http://sourceforge.net/projects/worldgeeks has a code CVS and bugtracker
(and the beginnings of rubydoc for the main body of code).

The site itself focuses on promoting open source use in lesser developed
countries though user-contributed slashdot style news blurbs, a links
directory, and commenting/bulletin board facilities.

So please, take a look and let us know what you think.  We can really
use some beta-testing and bug finding help, not to mention more users
helping to keep the content current.

thanks,
Heather