Yes.After that, everything should be happy happy happy (you'll get myexact setup, and it does work for me). If any step fails or isconfusing, I'll either try to help you or just send you my binaries.Hope it works!
Jacob
On 9/15/05, Sean Armstrong <phinsxiii / gmail.com> wrote:> Let me make sure I got this right:> > 1. Download MySQL source> 2. Compile it under Cygwin with the flags you mentioned> 3. Remove the bin files?> 4. Use the lib file generated from the compilation> 5. This will work with the MySQL binarie install for Windows?> > Thanks:)> > Sean A.> > On 9/15/05, Jacob Quinn Shenker <jqshenker / gmail.com> wrote:> >> > Sean,> > I needed to compile/install mysql (running ./configure> > --without-server) from source to get the required development> > libraries under Cygwin. (then I moved the newly-created client> > binaries out of the way so I could use the Win32-native mysql> > binaries.) After that, it worked like a charm. *Do not compile the> > Cygwin-ized mysql client with "--with-openssl"* I don't know why, but> > the gem refused to install if I did. Good luck, and let me know if you> > run into any issues. Overall, developing on Cygwin for Ruby/Rails is> > quite nice.> >> >> >> --> "I can do everything on my Mac that I could do on a PC."> -- Me> >