Sean,I needed to compile/install mysql (running ./configure--without-server) from source to get the required developmentlibraries under Cygwin. (then I moved the newly-created clientbinaries out of the way so I could use the Win32-native mysqlbinaries.) After that, it worked like a charm. *Do not compile theCygwin-ized mysql client with "--with-openssl"* I don't know why, butthe gem refused to install if I did. Good luck, and let me know if yourun into any issues. Overall, developing on Cygwin for Ruby/Rails isquite nice.
Jacob
On 9/15/05, Sean Armstrong <phinsxiii / gmail.com> wrote:> Does anyone know how to install the Ruby MySQL module on a Windows platform.> I installed MySQL for Windows and, although I have cygwin installed, the> library files required for the module are not present.>  Thanks:)> SA> >  On 9/15/05, Sascha Ebach <se / digitale-wertschoepfung.de> wrote:> >> > Sean Armstrong wrote:> > > Does anyone have any good code examples? The hardest thing for people> > like> > > Steve, and myself, is that the documentation for these items are very> > > limited and not very revealing to newbies. For instance, I could not> > find a> > > single code example for connecting to a SQL database, let alone Access,> > in> > > the Pickaxe book. So if anyone has any good code examples for> > manipulating> > > data in Access or MySQL, I would like to see it here.> >> > Usually you can ask the great oracle:> >> > http://www.google.com/search?q=ruby+mysql> >> > This revealed:> >> > Using the Ruby MySQL Module> > Article describes how to install the Tomita Masahiro's MySQL module and> > use it to write MySQL-based Ruby scripts. By Paul DuBois.> > www.kitebird.com/articles/ruby-mysql.html<http://www.kitebird.com/articles/ruby-mysql.html>- 32k - Cached - Similar pages> >> > I didn't try "ruby access". I will leave that to you. But you might want> > to search for "ruby odbc" or "ruby ado" or the like. I am sure you are> > going to find something.> >> >> > > --> "I can do everything on my Mac that I could do on a PC."> -- Me> >