Sean Armstrong wrote:
> Does anyone have any good code examples? The hardest thing for people like
> Steve, and myself, is that the documentation for these items are very
> limited and not very revealing to newbies. For instance, I could not find a
> single code example for connecting to a SQL database, let alone Access, in
> the Pickaxe book. So if anyone has any good code examples for manipulating
> data in Access or MySQL, I would like to see it here.

Usually you can ask the great oracle:

http://www.google.com/search?q=ruby+mysql

This revealed:

Using the Ruby MySQL Module
Article describes how to install the Tomita Masahiro's MySQL module and
use it to write MySQL-based Ruby scripts. By Paul DuBois.
www.kitebird.com/articles/ruby-mysql.html - 32k - Cached - Similar pages

I didn't try "ruby access". I will leave that to you. But you might want
to search for "ruby odbc" or "ruby ado" or the like. I am sure you are
going to find something.