------art_11571_32159117.1126818866583

On 9/15/05, Phlip <phlipcpp / yahoo.com> wrote:

> Steve wrote:
>
> > I'm considering learning Ruby. I have no programming experience yet. I
> > was wondering if it's possibly to write applications in Ruby that can
> use
> > and change the data in my MS Access files.
>
> Absolutely. Database are designed to access a wide warehouse of data
> through
> a narrow interface. Narrow interfaces are easy to port to new languages.
> Ruby will see tables of data, just like Visual Basic or C++ will.

Does anyone have any good code examples? The hardest thing for people like
Steve, and myself, is that the documentation for these items are very
limited and not very revealing to newbies. For instance, I could not find a
single code example for connecting to a SQL database, let alone Access, in
the Pickaxe book. So if anyone has any good code examples for manipulating
data in Access or MySQL, I would like to see it here.

Thanks.
SA

--
"I can do everything on my Mac that I could do on a PC."
-- Me

------art_11571_32159117.1126818866583--