On Thursday 15 September 2005 11:31 am, klancaster1957 / gmail.com wrote:

> said (maybe Dave Thomas?), it just feels right. In particular, Rails is
> incredible from a productivity standpoint, but is it truly enterprise
> ready? I think so, but it may be a hard sell.

What is "enterprise ready"?  My perception of the answer depends on who is
doing the selling, and what they are selling.

You ask a Sun customer solutions engineer, or someone from Microsoft in the
same role, and they are going to say that nothing written in Ruby is
enterprise ready.

However, if you ask people (like myself) who make a living from Ruby software
being used by businesses, we're going to say that it is.

What I am selling is different from what Microsoft is selling, so our answers
diverge considerably.

Many things in the Ruby universe are enterprise ready, at least for some
enterprises.

Kirk Haines