On Wed, 16 May 2001, Florian G. Pflug wrote:
> Interface checking is much more powerfull than type checking in my opinion -
> a lot of things which are now modules ("Enumerable", "Compareable",...)
> would have corresponding interface definitions.

Note that, in my mind, interface is mostly the same as a type. A type of
objects is defined by an interface (aka "protocol" or "contract").
I also think that the name of the Object#type method is, well, quite
infortunate, even more so since it's an alias for Object#class (?!?!?)
which as a name is much more to the point.

> The function would than just say "my parameter needs to be compareable, and
> a collection" instead of "a string".

or "my parameter needs to be string-like"

> I think a prototype of this could be implemented in ruby by using Modules as
> Interfaces, which

I think if you want serious work on interfaces in Ruby, you should look
at:

	* DbC (Andrew Hunt)
	* FL (Guy Decoux)
	* MetaRuby 0.6 (me)