> Did you see Kaspar's suggested workaround earlier in this thread?
>
> Change
> if Zlib::ZLIB_VERSION < '1.2.1'

> if Zlib::ZLIB_VERSION <= '1.2.1'
>
> in package.rb.

Hi Timothy,

Are you on the rubygems list ? I would like for someone to crosspost this
bug there. I guess the bug is in zlib, but Rubygems could work around it.

The zlib bug seems to have surfaced at one point, then have been fixed,
but not completely as it seems.

I am hesitant as to just changing that gem around and tweaking the bytes
to make things work, since then the bug will just dive once more. Very
possible it has something of a Heisenbug, so making it reproducable on
Windows machines sounds like something good...

Anyone of the important people reacting to this ? Should probably repost
under a fresh subject. Though I hate going around sticking fingers at
people yelling 'you got a BUG, BUUUUG' ;)

what do you think ?

kaspar
code manufacture & ruby lab at http://www.tua.ch/ruby