On Sep 14, 2005, at 10:01 AM, Dimitri Aivaliotis wrote:

> On 9/14/05, Jamey Cribbs <cribbsj / oakwood.org> wrote:
>

>> Logan Capaldo wrote:
>>

>>> Well after hacking away today for a couple of hours I've come up
>>> with
>>> the beginnings of a rudimentary ORM for KirbyBase. I'll post what I
>>> have so far, and people can let me know if
>>>

> Before you go too far with this, you might want to check out Og's
> KirbyBase
> adapter. I've haven't delved too much into it, but it might be just
> what
> you're looking for. I realize that Og is a completely different way of
> looking at the Object-Database connection than ActiveRecord, but it
> may be
> worth your while.
>
> There's major work being done on Og at the moment, so you may want
> to also
> check out the patches that Ysabel has prepared: 'darcs get
> http://darcs.ysabel.org/nitro/og-store'.
>
> HTH,
>
> - Dimitri

Well after now having looked through some Og examples (didn't get
around to looking at any of the code don't have darcs installed, will
probably do that at some point), I see that a) its very cool b) it
is  indeed completely different than AR and c) Its probably exactly
what Hal wants. Oh
and d) I still think I'll continue working on KirbyRecord for now,
cause there are bound to be people out there who would like an AR
style ORM for KirbyBase. Right? Hello? *cricket cricket cricket*.
Joking ;)