On Thu, Feb 24, 2000 at 12:41:29AM -0800, Ian Main wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 24, 2000 at 04:47:18PM +0900, Yukihiro Matsumoto wrote:
> > Hi,

[snip]

> > Gtk's idle() function called too often.  How about using
> > gtk_add_timeout() again, like before?  What was the problem?

Aaah, I just tried it out this way, and I beleive what happens, is that the
timeout calls the idle, which schedules the active threads fine, but then it
takes the run a while to get back - which depends on the number of threads.
This time can be longer than the timeout set in gtk...  It appears that the
first thing the gtk mainloop checks for is timeouts that need to be
serviced, so it repeats immediately without doing UI servicing.

The end effect is to have the UI *very* slow to update :)

Anyway, it's all overly complex.. I think the real solution is to allow them
to share a mainloop.

	Ian