Edgardo Hames wrote:

>On 9/12/05, Richard Livsey <richard / livsey.org> wrote:
>

>>I had the need to implement some unit conversions and so used it as an
>>opportunity to learn a bit more Ruby than I know through my exposure via
>>Rails.
>>
>>Very quick (and inconsistent to show the diff instantiation options)
>>examples:
>>
>>50.to_meters + Distance.new(10, :cm) => 50.1.meters
>>100.km > 100.to_miles => false
>>

>It would be nice to have alias for the US spelling of litre, i.e: liter.
>Also, the British spelling of meter (metre) could be added to make it
>more complete.

Thanks.

I'll add these in this evening. I must admit I was a bit inconsistant at
my naming of the aliases - IE I used the American meter but the British
litre! That's 4am coding for you.

Still confused about what to do for the default 'gallon' as, unlike ton
and tonne, there is no difference in the spelling of metric and imperial
versions.

--
R.Livsey
http://livsey.org