On Sep 12, 2005, at 4:46 PM, rubyhacker / gmail.com wrote:

> It sounds interesting to me. Ask Jamey.
>
> Two questions:
>
> 1. AR doesn't depend on SQL?
> 2. Would this allow KB to be a backend db for Rails?
>

> Hal

1. Maybe, maybe not. I get the feeling that it could probably be
adapted with a bit of work. Might have to rewrite a lot of code in
the process

2. Maybe. It would depend on how full-featured the adapter was I
suppose. I was thinking more along the lines of advantages of using
ideas from the ActiveRecord impl. of ORM in KirbyBase, since ORM
seems to be a lot of what you guys are talking about adding to
KirbyBase.

Perhaps I would not even write an activerecord adapter but a
KirbyBase ORM modeled on the activerecord style.

So in conclusion, maybe?