On Monday 12 September 2005 04:11 pm, Jamey Cribbs wrote:
> >If one-to-many links are not symmetrical, that's the best reason
> >of all I'll never use them.

There are (some) other people paying (some) attention.

In a traditional relational database system, what goes in can come out, and
I'm not sure that anyting different is being proposed here (but I may be
confused).

Aside: One-to-many links are inherently not symmetrical, and I don't know what
is meant by storing something in the "one-to-many" link.

The one to many link is typically accomplished by keys.  If a one to many link
exists, it is because a record in on table contains a key (to indicate
linking) to another table wherein multiple records with the same key are
allowed.  Hence you have a record in one table that relates to (or can relate
to) multiple records in the other table.

Is there something different going on in KirbyBase?

Randy Kramer