Tim Sutherland wrote:
> http://www.rubyweeklynews.org/20050911.html
>
>    Ruby Weekly News 5th - 11th September 2005
>    Tim Sutherland and Christophe Grandsire.

Wow! Seeing my name associated to one of the websites I follow most is
blowing me away ;) . For those wondering, I wrote the blurb about the
"Why? Blocks" thread (because it taught me a lot too :) ). Wow! This
really is great! Tim, when I tried to add my name to the contributors I
received an error message saying that it was too late to modify the
newsletter. I'm glad it went through nonetheless.

Well, I might use the occasion to introduce myself, as I am new on the
Ruby-talk list (I've been following it for months, partly through the
Ruby Weekly News, but I only subscribed two days ago :) ). Those who
hang out on the IRC channel #ruby-lang or the comments of Why's blog
Redhanded may know me: I am the somewhat critical, sometimes opiniated,
often long-winded and rarely a pain in the **** (hopefully ;) ) "Tsela".
On #ruby-lang I used to be quite active a bit more than a year ago, but
losing my job (partly due to my spending too much time on #ruby-lang)
and finding a new one took most of my time and I've only returned a few
times since.

As for my connection to Ruby I discovered the language about two years
ago and it stopped my search for the language most fitting me, since it
is it! :) A breath of fresh air after trying to find my luck in Java,
Perl and Python!

So far I haven't coded much anything of value, and consider myself a
perpetual newbie. I understand (somewhat) the concepts of Ruby, but have
yet to apply them in programs of my own. This is due to both a lack of
time and the fact that I am not educated as a programmer (I am
officially a hydrodynamics engineer, and although my current job is as a
programmer, it is rather far away from Rubyland and I stop it anyway in
December for a new job more in my line of education :) ), which means
that some of the concepts that I see discussed on this list fly
sometimes far above my head (and there are still people who dare say
dynamic languages cannot be used for sophisticated programming...). I do
have some ideas, but it will take time for me to mature them in my head,
and I won't be able to start before I settle in my job anyway...

OK, I think you've noticed how long-winded I can be ;) . I'm going to
stop now. At first I think I'll mostly lurk around and comment only when
I really have something of value to add to a discussion, and when I can
be on-topic (so not like I'm doing right now ;) . I hope you forgive me
for the off-topicness here). I'll try and help with the Ruby Weekly News
some more, it's quite fun to do :) .

Anyway, I'm quite happy to be here, and I hope to be able to make myself
useful someday to others here :) .
--
Christophe Grandsire.

http://rainbow.conlang.free.fr