Hi,

In message "[ruby-talk:01551] Ruby thread scheduling buglet"
    on 00/02/23, Ian Main <imain / gtk.org> writes:

|You're going to like this one :)

Yes.  You even gave me a patch!  How pleasure it was.

|with the constant calling to sleep, it goes through this every call to
|rb_thread_schedule ().  The thread that was sleeping, wakes up probably just
|about every run through this function, so its set as the current thread.  It
|then loops about, goes to sleep again, and somewhere in there the next
|thread is run (thread 3 in our example), but then this one wakes up again
|before any others have a chance to run, and the scheduling is reset.

Well, I wanted to give high priority to just awaked thread, but I
guess it was too high.  To handle it properly, I have to implement
more complex thread scheduler, so I can compromise, at least for now.

Thank you.

							matz.