On Mon, Sep 12, 2005 at 09:56:25AM -0700, Evan Webb wrote:
> (I've only sent this to sydney-devel since i'm not on ruby-talk
> anymore, so feel free to forward this on to ruby-talk)
>
> This is great time to bring up the discussion of how people think I
> should attempt to get the sydney modifications into core. I've got an
> email I've been composing to ruby-core and havent sent yet, and if
> anyone has any ideas/thoughts on the subject, lets hear them!

One obvious thing would be to make sure the Sydney changes are available
against the ruby CVS HEAD, not just ruby_1_8. Are they?

Another issue would be how well these changes play with YARV and what, if
anything, needs to change in YARV and/or the Sydney modifications so that they
can coexist.

Btw: great job, Evan. Ruby really needs native thread support. If I understand
correctly, it sounds like your implementation is superior to Python's even (no
GIL because of Sydney's MODIFY API).

Jos