I am trying to do something like the following code sample:

class Base
  class << self
    attr :my_name, true
  end

  def show_name
    self.class.my_name

class Maker
  def Maker.create_class(class_name)
    Class.new(Base) { self.my_name = class_name }

HEH = Maker.create_class("HEH")

heh_instance = HEH.new
p heh_instance.kind_of?(Base)
p heh_instance.show_name

class ExtendedHEH < HEH
end

p ExtendedHEH.new.show_name

  I want the last 'p' to print out "HEH".  I understand why Base.show_name
is not working for the extended class (self resolves to itself, which will grab the extended class 'ExtendedHEH')...  but I do not understand how I can access
the singleton class to get at "HEH".   Any thoughts?

-Tom

--
+ http://www.tc.umn.edu/~enebo +---- mailto:enebo / acm.org ----+
| Thomas E Enebo, Protagonist  | "Luck favors the prepared    |