On Wed, 23 May 2001 06:33:40 +0900
"Michael Dinowitz" <mdinowit / i-2000.com> wrote:

> I'm not only looking for me. I'm kind of a leader in the CF community
> and
> I'm 'covering the bases' to make sure that the CF style of syntax stays
> alive and flourishes. If people see that Ruby has the same syntax or
> something very close then they'll pick it up and play with it. From
> there
> they'll start to use ruby syntax as needed.

I'm not sure I understand how you're proposing to mix CF syntax and Ruby
syntax - CF is a tag based language, Ruby is not.  Integrating them would
be messy.  On the other hand, a CF clone implemented in Ruby and
extensible with Ruby would be extremely straightforward; I wrote such a
thing in Objective-C a while ago to good effect, and Ruby would be even
easier. Is there much need for this (ie, are CF people looking for
something to migrate to, and would being extensible in Ruby be seen as a
benefit?)