gga wrote:
> Not sure about the hanging, but regarding the "lib" error, this points
> to a likely problem in your console environment and/or compiler
> installation.
> lib.exe is a microsoft utility for creating static/dynamic libraries,
> which should be located in the same directory where cl.exe is located.
> When compiling, your PATH variable should be set to point to that
> directory.
> With the microsoft compiler, you usually get a .bat file called
> vcvars32.bat or  similar that you can run in a windows console so that
> all the appropiate paths are set for compiling (usually, the microsoft
> compiler does not add its append its path to the global PATH
> environment settings during installation).

Thanks, that was it.  I ran setenv.bat, but for some odd reason it has
the lib.exe (and some other files) under bin/win64, and they're only
added to the path if I run it as "setenv /XP64".  I dunno what makes
lib.exe 64 bit specific.

I think I copied this files up one level on my other system and forgot
to do that on this one.

Thanks.

Dan